How Does Camphor Oil Benefit Our Hair?
Are you looking for a natural and effective way of hair care? If yes, then Camphor Essential Oil is the right choice for you. There are various hair benefits of camphor oil. This highly concentrated oil is extracted from the plant of the camphor laurel (Cinnamomum camphora) tree through steam distillation.
Camphor or Kapur is a medicinal plant used for various medicinal and therapeutic purposes since ancient times. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which make it an ideal choice for hair care. Using Camphor oil for hair care helps to restrain various scalp issues and hair problems.
This blog will discuss the fascinating benefits of camphor oil to nourish your hair in every possible way.
What is Camphor Oil?
Camphor or Kapur is a herb that has the potential to condition your hair and solve various scalp issues. The ingredient is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties and works as a topical pain reliever.
Camphor oil is extracted from the plant through the Cinnamomum camphora plant and is white to transparent in color. The oil has soothing, nourishing, and hair-growing properties. Let us know more about the benefits of camphor oil and how it works wonders for your hair.
5 Benefits of Camphor Oil For Hair
Camphor oil is used in various personal care and beauty products. When applied to the scalp or hair, it helps to resolve various issues, including itching, redness, hair loss, hair thinning, scalp rashes, etc. The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties help soothe the scalp and condition your hair.
The other advantages of using camphor oil for hair are
1. Reduces Dandruff and Scalp Irritation
Camphor oil is antibacterial in nature and has natural pain-relieving properties. The oil contains soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, applying this oil on the scalp help relieve dandruff and a flaky scalp. Camphor oil may immediately relieve itching and irritation on the scalp.
One can dilute camphor essential oil with pure coconut oil to apply to the scalp for soothing irritation. The oil penetrates the scalp and cures the problem.
2. May Prevent Grey Hair
The stressful schedule of our modern-day lives and pollution often lead to premature grey hair on the scalp. Camphor oil is a natural remedy for preventing and delaying grey hair. Using this oil on the scalp keeps your hair clean and protects it from free radicals.
One can add a few drops of camphor oil to their hair care products to protect them from premature aging. It prevents the hair from pollution and discoloration.
3. Hair Fall Reduction
Camphor oil works as a cleansing agent and is an excellent scalp detoxifier. It keeps dirt, bacteria, and other harmful radicals away from the scalp. Massaging this oil on the scalp promotes right blood circulation, which helps reduce hair loss and prevent balding.
Mix 3-4 drops of camphor oil, 3-4 drops of Bhringraj oil, and 3-4 drops of pure coconut oil. Apply this diluted oil to the scalp to strengthen hair follicles and prevent hair loss.
4. Fights Scalp Infection
Another benefit of Camphor oil is its antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties. Hence, using it on the scalp means saying goodbye to scalp infections caused by bacteria or fungi. Massaging camphor oil on the scalp can help treat scalp ringworm and red bumps on the hairline.
To use camphor oil for hair or scalp infection, add 3-4 drops of camphor oil to 5-6 drops of olive oil. Apply this dilute oil evenly to the scalp and hair strands to prevent scalp itching, infection, or rashes.
5. Enhance Hair Growth and Texture
Using Camphor oil for hair helps prevent dryness and moisturize the scalp and hair. It enhances the hair texture and reduces rough hair. It controls split ends and hair breakage. Massaging this oil on the scalp can elevate hair growth and thickness.
To improve hair texture and growth, mix 3-4 drops of camphor oil with 5-6 drops of jojoba or sesame oil. Apply this diluted oil on the hair follicles to strengthen hair and promote hair growth.
Different Ways to Use Camphor Oil For Hair
Camphor oil benefits hair differently when used in different ways. The various ways to use camphor oil for hair are
- Mix Amla powder and virgin coconut oil with camphor oil to increase blood circulation and boost hair growth. It is also a great remedy for inflammation and dandruff.
- Camphor oil also helps eliminate hair lice. One can mix camphor oil with neem oil and coconut oil to remove hair lice.
- Mix camphor oil with olive oil to prevent itching and scalp irritations.
- One can add 6-8 hibiscus petals to camphor oil. Cover the oil with a lid and keep it covered till the color changes. When the color changes, apply the oil to the scalp and hair strands to nourish and condition the hair.
Precautions for Using Camphor Oil
- Camphor Oil produced from turpentine oil is unsafe for skin or hair and may cause irritation and redness. Hence, one must use pure and undiluted camphor oil for hair.
- One must do a patch test before applying it to the scalp or hair. Dilute 1-2 drops of camphor oil with 4-5 drops of coconut oil and apply it to the under-elbow area. Leave for 24 hours. Do not use it further if you see any signs of irritation or redness.
- Do NOT use brown or yellow camphor oil. It is toxic for skin and hair and must NOT be used.
- People suffering from asthma or other respiratory issues should refrain from using Camphor oil.
- Pregnant women must consult with their doctor before using this oil.
The Bottom Line
Various benefits of camphor oil include hair care, nourishment, and hydration. One should use 100% pure and good-quality camphor oil to avoid any kind of reaction. Shoprythm is your one-stop shop for buying high-quality camphor essential oil for hair care. You must NOT use camphor oil without diluting it with a carrier or base oil.
Camphor oil is an ancient remedy for hair care and boosting hair growth. It can be your solution for hair loss and conditioning. Give your hair the best care with pure camphor essential oil.