The current trend in the healthcare industry is the use of organic products to manage various ailments. Patients and their treating physicians are turning towards essential oils for this purpose. In this article, we are talking about a highly preferred essential oil that comprises multiple properties topically and in the world of Aromatherapy. And that is – Ylang Ylang essential oil. However, users have to know how to use Ylang Ylang oil. They need to be empowered with information about its properties, uses, and benefits.
However, before diving deep into the sea of Ylang Ylang oil information, a short description for those new to ‘Essential Oil’ term – Essential oils are plant extracts. These oils are usually extracted by the method/ technique known as steam distillation. These oils most of the time comprise therapeutic grade quality and manage skin associated problems (including dry skin condition, balancing the oil production, etc.), hair concern (dandruff, hair loss, dry scalp, etc.), easy breathing, used in aromatherapy, massages, perfumes, and the list goes on.
What is Ylang Ylang?
Facts to know about Ylang Ylang are as follow
- It is a plant product and is organic.
- The star-shaped yellow flower grows on the Cananga tree.
- The Cananga plant is found mostly in countries surrounding the Indian Ocean like
- India, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
- The plant derivatives create a rich fruit aroma.
- Ylang Ylang flower helps manufacture various types of essential oils through steam distillation.
How to use Ylang Ylang Oil Generally?
The use of Ylang Ylang oil is found to be useful for addressing various health issues. These are –
- Reducing depression, stress, and anxiety;
- Increasing oil production on the scalp preventing hair loss;
- Manages skin related issue
Benefits of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Oil Spiritual Benefits
The essential oil boosts physical health and the spiritual state of the user. Since the oil has a calming effect on the user, they can concentrate on meditation and yoga with a peaceful mind. Spiritual benefits of ylang oil include mood-boosting and calmness of mind. There is no side effect either when one uses the essential oil. It is purely a plant product and 100% organic in pure form.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil for Skin Care
According to medical scientists, Ylang Ylang essential oil benefits for the skin are multiple.
How to use Ylang Ylang oil for Skin?
- When applied to the skin; it clears the skin, hydrates, and manages skin breakouts;
- It may help in remodeling tissues and speeds up the healing process
- This essential oil also consists of antifungal properties
- The oil contains linalool that, is a plant derivative and is antibacterial, antifungal, and prevents inflammation;
- The oil also helps reduce the effects of any skin conditions
- Also, it improves hair texture and reduces hair breakage
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil for Hair Care
One of the major impacts of this oil is its benefits to the skin and hair of the user. That is why it is used in many skin and hair-care products. It hydrates the user’s scalp and works to reduce hair fall. Major Ylang Ylang essential oil benefits for hair are that it helps to reduce the elements responsible for loss of hair. Ylang Ylang oil is perfect for dry scalps, as it can stimulate sebum production. It can improve hair texture and reduce hair loss.
It can be an effective natural solution to reduce hair breakage due to alopecia and stress. When massaged well into the hair follicles, this oil strengthens the hair roots and stimulates hair growth.
How to apply Ylang Ylang for hair?
Dilute this oil with a carrier oil; mix four to five drops of Ylang Ylang with two tablespoons of carrier oil. Massage well this blend into your scalp and wrap your head with a towel (lukewarm). Leave this mixture for at least thirty minutes or an hour and wash it out (using a mild shampoo). This oil also is used to prepare shampoos and conditioners.
How to use Ylang Ylang Oil Essential Oil for Skin & Hair?
How to Use Ylang Ylang Oil for skin Care?
It is now scientifically established that people can use Ylang Ylang essential oil for skin care. It does not mean that users should use them without care and caution. If you want to enjoy the ylang oil for the skin, you must follow the steps below.
- Never apply full-strength Ylang Ylang oil directly to your skin.
- It will be safer using blend it with some carrier oil.
- Apply it on a small skin patch to check for any adverse reaction.
- Do not apply it to your pets because it might harm them
How to use Ylang Ylang Oil for Hair Care?
A common use of the Ylang Ylang oil for hair care is to apply it as a spray to kill head lice. The oil is used in various other forms also. It could be in a hair conditioner to eliminate dandruff and other macrobiotic elements harming the hair.
Dilute this oil with a carrier oil; mix four to five drops of Ylang Ylang with two tablespoons of carrier oil. Massage well this blend into your scalp and wrap your head with a towel (lukewarm). Leave this mixture for at least thirty minutes or an hour and wash it out (using a mild shampoo). Ylang Ylang oil also is used to prepare shampoos and conditioners.
Different Uses of Ylang-Ylang oil in Different Regions
End-users of the essential oil may like to know how to use Ylang Ylang oil. When you look at the industry practice, you will find that the way of its use varies with region.
- In the Philippines; the oil was used to treat minor injuries;
- People of Indonesia used its aroma for aphrodisiac components;
- It is used for medical purposes in France; and
- It manages sleep disorders, anxiety, stress, and uneasiness in most other regions.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Components
The Ylang oil contains around 100 different components. The most important among them is linalool; its greater volume makes the oil one of the most complex essential oils around. Other components include geranyl acetate, methyl benzoate, germacrene-D, and farnesene.
The presence of linalool gives this oil the power to reduce stress and anxiety. The calming effect on the user’s mind constitutes the best of the Ylang Ylang essential oil spiritual benefits.
The Bottom Line
In short, Ylang Ylang oil has all that ability you wish for. The oil is perfect for dry skin (an extreme dry skin condition); also, it soothes skin problems; it can substantially improve the scalp condition and the growth of healthy hair on it. You may come across creams, shampoos, massage oils, hair conditioners, and moisturizers containing the Ylang Ylang oil as an ingredient.
This essential oil is used for various purposes, including skin and hair care. It is a must-include component for aromatherapy. You have to select a reliable provider to derive the best Ylang Ylang essential oil for hair, skin, and other parts of the anatomy. In such a circumstance, you can opt for skin and hair care products by Shoprythm. All their products are made with high-quality extracts that gives assured results.
Running questions in your mind, kindly share with our executive for further help!